The Carolina Children’s Garden is a two-acre green oasis and teaching garden located in northeast Columbia on the Clemson University/Sandhill campus. The garden has twelve theme gardens where children explore, play, and learn in a natural environment of birds and butterflies along with storybook characters like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Rabbit.
The mission of the garden is to inspire, educate, and motivate the community to use gardening as a tool to bring families in touch with nature and each other.
Join Friends of the Children’s Garden for Midlands Gives, Tuesday May 3rd from midnight to 11:59pm. Use this link to donate: Carolina Children’s Garden
On Tuesday, May 3rd the Friends of the Children’s Garden will participate in Midlands Gives, an online fundraiser hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation. Midlands Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for local nonprofits in 11 Midlands counties. Donations to Friends of the Children’s Garden go directly to purchasing new plants, organic fertilizer and hardscape items, additional signage and fencing, and maintenance of tools, wood and painted surfaces, irrigation, pet and people drinking fountain, kiosk, and grounds.
During the 24-hour online giving challenge there will be incentives and prizes:
- $1,000 to the first 5 organizations that get 100 gifts
- $5,000 added to the 5,000th donation
- $500 added to the largest increase in number of unique donors over last year
- $100 match will be given to the group receiving $100 at 6am, 12 noon and 5 pm
If you are planning to give $100, please do so at one of these times!
You do not have to be wealthy to participate. Donations start at $20.00. For the donation to be counted on May 3rd, all gifts must be made through the MidlandsGives.org website between 12:00am and 11:59pm. Thanking your in advance for contributing to the success of Midlands Gives.
Carolina Children’s Garden is a wonderful place to enjoy a time with your family! Come on out and relax and encourage your child to enjoy imaginative play in one of the themed gardens. The garden is open daily from 7:30 am until dusk; there are no admission fees and there is so much to do!
Fun in the Garden:
- How about a Scavenger Hunt? Bring one of the below lists and act like a super-sleuth ready to make some amazing discoveries.
- Take a Bird Walk. You can find a list here to print out and bring with you. Maybe there’s an avid birdwatcher in your bunch.
- Pack a Picnic! There are plenty of picnic tables for playing a game or eating lunch so pack a basket and plan to spend some time here. Our new three tier drinking fountain accommodates pets and people.
Fun at home:
Check out our “Growing Gardeners Fun at Home” links for projects to bring the joy of gardening home with you!
You can always contact Carolina Children’s Garden for information on great additional programming to cultivate an interest in gardening, such as Ms. Slither Goes to School.
For more information, to register for a program, or to schedule a special program for your group, contact email@example.com.
We’d love to hear from you!